Become a Student
68-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Earn two degrees in three years by combining Graphic Design with Web and Digital Media Design.
The goal of a graphic designer is to create effective communication that is visually appealing, informative and on message, based on client needs. The Graphic Design program is geared for those interested in blending their creative and artistic talents with the ability to design materials used in the business, industry and non-profit arenas. Incorporate the creative processes, layout, illustration and photography for a variety of print, web and social media marketing campaigns. Mobilize creativity and sharpen artistic abilities through individual and collaborative efforts. Dedicated, full-semester courses in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator prepare students to enter the workforce on a professional level.
- Prepare for jobs such as graphic designer, designer, production artist or web designer.
- Courses are taught by instructors with industry experience.
- Program-to-program transfer opportunities are available at Carroll University, Milwaukee School of Art and Design (MIAD) and Mount Mary College. Select program credits may transfer to other institutions.
- Those who earn their associate degree in Graphic Design at WCTC are encouraged to complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Communication at Carroll University. If enrolled in the Graphic Design or Design Management emphasis at Carroll, students may then transition into the Master of Science degree program in Graphic Communication (without further prerequisites in most cases) once their bachelor’s degree is obtained.
- Courses are taught in the world-class Harry V. Quadracci Printing and Graphics Center.
- The Technical Association of the Graphics Arts (TAGA) club provides those in the graphic arts and printing fields with publishing opportunities through a periodic student journal.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- In addition to the general admissions process, prospective students will need to complete a Creative Review, which includes an essay and portfolio presentation.
- All Graphic Design students are required to purchase a Mac laptop for use in the program. Shop Now at the WCTC Apple Store for Education and start saving.
- All graduating students are required to participate in the Graphics Portfolio Review.
- Wages of recent graduates per Graduate Follow-up Report
- Three-year Avg. Salary for Full-time Related Employment: $32,583