#car #donation #new #jersey, #donate #cars, #automobile #donation #information #new #jersey, #donate #a #car #new #jersey, #auto #donation, #car #donations, #donate #car, #donate #your #car, #auto #donations
New Jersey Car Donation Information
Below you will find the most common answer to questions about car donations in the State of New Jersey, NJ.
If you don’t find an answer here, please call one of our trained, friendly car donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week:
- 7am to 8pm Mon through Fri
- 9am to 6pm Sat and Sun.
1. Who will benefit from my New Jersey (NJ) car donation?
Your tax deductible donation will go a long way in helping the breast cancer charity you are passionate about. Our main goal is to improve the lives of as many breast cancer patients as possible by uniting dozens of supporting foundations under one unique program.a href=”/about-us.html”>Read more.
2. Will there be any cost to me?
There are absolutely no costs for you. Just fill out the online car donation form, or call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with your concerns.
3. What condition does my car have to be in to donate it?
We accept most vehicles running or not (exceptions include fire damaged or stripped vehicles). To find out for sure, fill out the online car donation form, or call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983.
4. What documents do I need to donate my car in NJ?
We would like the title/pink slip to the vehicle, but it is possible to donate without them. Just call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and he/she will guide you through the easy donation process. On arrival the tow truck driver who is professionally licensed, bonded and insured, will help you with all paperwork.
5. What if I don’t have my title/pink slip?
It is possible to donate without the title/pink slip. Please call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will assist you.
6. What areas do you service in New Jersey?
We arrange for pick up of all types of vehicles, automobiles and other donations throughout the state of New Jersey. The main cities we service include Newark. Trenton, Jersey City, Atlantic City, Hoboken, Union City, Lakewood, Princeton, Elizabeth, Camden, Morristown, Clifton, Bayonne, Linden, Hillside, and Bloomfield.
7. Can you explain the procedure for picking up my donated car?
Once you have called us or filled out our online automobile donation form, you will be contacted by one of our representatives who will arrange to have your vehicle towed away by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company. You will be given a receipt which is a release of liability and shows the IRS that you are authorized for a charitable deduction. Got questions? Just call one of our friendly Operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will go over the process with you.
8. Are there any types of vehicles that do not require a title in NJ?
Yes, snowmobiles and ATVs are the types of vehicles that don’t require you to have a title in the state of New Jersey.
9. How long will it take for you to pick up my car?
Once you have contacted us, one of our trained operators will arrange to have your vehicle towed away at your convenience by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company. Just call us toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and we will help set up the vehicle pick-up.
10. Do I have any liability issues to worry about?
When your vehicle is picked up by our certified towing company, you will be given a receipt that releases you from future liability of your donated vehicle. Our friendly Vehicle Donation Operators are standing by at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with any questions you may have.
11. Is my donation tax deductible in New Jersey?
Yes, your car, boat or auto donation goes to benefit a bona fide charitable organization classified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. However, individual tax situations may vary so please check with a tax professional to determine what if any tax benefit you may receive from a tax deductible donation. Just call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and they will help with your IRS tax deduction questions.
12. How do I figure out the IRS requirements for a charitable donation in NJ?
The IRS provides a Donor’s Guide to Car Donations which sets forth the manner in which the IRS requires you to determine the value of your donated property. Here are some useful links:
13. Is there anything I need to do about the license plates of my vehicle before donation?
We request you to remove the license plates and submit them to your local MVC agency as is required for vehicles in the state of New Jersey. You also have the choice of transferring the plates to another vehicle you own, in which case you will not have to surrender them to the MVC.
14. When do I cancel the insurance of my donated vehicle?
After donation, you need to first submit your license plates to your local MVC before you can go ahead with canceling the vehicle’s insurance. Unless you surrender the plates and cancel the insurance, your insurance company might continue to bill you.
15. How do I estimate the value of the donation for my car?
Online assistance with vehicle values can be found at:
- Kelly Blue Book
- Nada Guides
16. How do I contact you to schedule a pick-up?
Fill out our online donation form . or call one of our friendly vehicle donation operators toll-free at 800-304-8983 seven days a week and we will guide you through the donation process.
17. What type of donation do you accept?
We gladly accept all donations! Whatever you donate will help someone in a desperate circumstance. Examples of vehicle donations include the following:
- Auto Donation
- Van Donation
- SUV Donation
- Truck Donation
- Boat Donation
- Jet Ski Donation
- Snowmobile Donation
- Trailer Donation
- Motorcycle Donation
- Motorhome Donation
- RV Donation
- Forklift Donation
- Tractor Donation
- Heavy Equipment Donation
18. Useful New Jersey information sites:
- New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles: Official Driving and Licensing information for the state of New Jersey.
- New Jersey Vehicle Title Information: Provides useful information about vehicle title you will need to know for car donations in New Jersey.
- Vehicle Title Forms for New Jersey: Forms that might be useful to you for car donations in the state of New Jersey such as title salvage application, replacement title application and others.
For information on vehicle donation in the city of Newark, please refer to our Newark Car Donation page.
On behalf of all the women helped by your charitable car donations nationwide, we would like to thank you for your kindness.
CarsForBreastCancer (The GIV Foundation) a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization
Call 800-304-8983 | 2016 CarsForBreastCancer.org, All Rights Reserved
- Donate Online
- About the Charities
- Car Values