North Carolina Health Insurance
North Carolina Medical Insurance Statistics
Consider the following statistics about health care coverage in North Carolina:
- Total North Carolina Residents – 9,144,789
- Total North Carolina uninsured residents – 16.03%
- Total North Carolina HMO enrollment – 476,899
- Avg annual employee premium in NC employer-sponsored plan (after employer contrib): $827
- Avg NC hospital cost per inpatient day (before insurance) – $1,433
- Source data according to the Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Health Insurance Coverage of the Total Population, states (2007-2008), U.S. (2008)
- Total HMO Enrollment, July 2008
- Average Single Premium per Enrolled Employee For Employer-Based Health Insurance, 2008
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day, 2007
North Carolina Health Plans
Looking to purchase North Carolina health insurance. We offer a broad selection of North Carolina health plans for individuals, families and small businesses from most of the leading North Carolina health insurance companies.
North Carolina State Health Resources
Residents can also refer to a number of resources within North Carolina:
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
North Carolina Health Choice for Children
Health Choice is available to families who make too much money to qualify for Medicaid but too little to afford rising health insurance premiums and offers free or reduced price comprehensive health care for children.
Apply for North Carolina health insurance coverage at eHealthInsurance. We offer thousands of health plans underwritten by more than 180 of the nation s health insurance companies. Compare North Carolina health plans side by side, get health insurance quotes. apply online and find affordable health insurance today. You can read more about the Affordable Care Act in our Obamacare Resource Center .