AIU’s Open Access Initiative: Open Courses / Free Courses
Sharing knowledge is a vital component in the growth and advancement of our society in a sustainable and responsible way. In order to contribute, Atlantic International University is implementing an Open Access Initiative with academic work, select courses, scientific research, projects, and other scholarly work by students, faculty, and other contributors seeking increased access to Higher Education by making learning materials and research Publicly Accessible. The primary goal of this page is to present AIU’s open courses to the world. All courses on this page are free and open to the public without any requirements for registration or payment. These online courses are intended to be easily taken independently, without supervision or guidance at a pace defined by the user. Each open course includes all necessary video conferences, lectures, course materials, and even tests. Tests are offered as a tool for the user at the end of each lesson to verify that learning, retention and comprehension of the material presented have occurred. However, the tests are optional and the full online course content and lessons are available at once to users.
Through Open Access, AIU and other leading institutions through out the world are tearing down the barriers to access and use research literature and academic materials. Our organization is interested in the dissemination of advances in scientific research fundamental to the proper operation of a modern society, in terms of community awareness, empowerment, health and wellness, sustainable development, economic advancement, and optimal functioning of health, education and other vital services. AIU’s Mission and Vision is consistent with the vision expressed in the Budapest Open Access Initiative and Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities. Some selected Student Publications are also available for this purpose: Student Publications.
More on AIU’s Open Access Initiative
Therefore, to fulfill the intent of this initiative, Atlantic International University will make progress by:
- encouraging our students, faculty, researchers, grant recipients to publish their work according to the principles of the open access paradigm.
- make course content, lectures, assignments and other course materials available to the public.
- encouraging the holders of cultural heritage to support open access by providing their resources on the Internet.
- advocating that open access publication be recognized in promotion and tenure evaluation.
- advocating the intrinsic merit of contributions to an open access infrastructure by software tool development, content provision, metadata creation, or the publication of individual articles.
- provide open courses / free courses in the Spanish language to further expand their usability around the world.