#online #masters #programs #in #special #education
The Special Education program at UBC concerns the education of students with exceptionalities, such as students with visual impairments, developmental disabilities, emotional or behavioural disorders, learning disabilities, gifts and talents, and those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Faculty are committed to promoting practices that facilitate inclusion, empowerment, and self-determination of individuals with disabilities and other special needs in home, school, and community settings.
Our mission is to collaboratively engage a range of diversity, expertise, and research endeavors to promote or enhance the learning and well-being of individuals with exceptionalities in home, school, and community settings.
Top 5 Reasons to Apply
1. Only university in the country to offer graduate coursework in special education across all areas of exceptionality.
2. Opportunities for practical experiences with a variety of district and community partnerships:
- American Printing House for the Blind
- Autism Community Training
- BC Children’s Hospital/Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children
- Blind Beginnings
- Communication Assistance for Youth and Adults
- Pacific Autism Family Centre
- Provincial Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired
- Provincial Services for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
- School Districts in the Lower Mainland and rural areas of BC
- Special Education Technology-BC
- Well-Being Program for Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and Deaf-blind
- Western Institute for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
3. We offer opportunities for research and funding through faculty partnerships.
4. We offer opportunities to change practice for the better through Special Education faculty initiatives.
5. Outstanding support through a world-class faculty and staff to guide you on your academic journey!
In British Columbia, educators are certified to teach all students in grades K to 12; no separate special education certification is available. UBC s Faculty of Education offers a Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree in elementary and secondary education. For information about UBC s BEd program, visit the Teacher Education Office website.